South Australian Mines and Quarries are healthy and safe workplaces
Funding and or Grant Applications
The Committee supports and accepts applications for funding that meet the following criteria:
- To promote and support practices, procedures and arrangements designed to protect workers from silicosis;
- To support education in the field of occupational health or safety in the mining and quarrying industries;
- To initiate or support research and studies into occupational health or safety that could benefit workers in the mining and quarrying industries;
- To promote and support persons or organisations working to prevent, alleviate or treat the kinds of disabilities suffered by workers in the mining and quarrying industries;
- To support any other kind of activity that could directly or indirectly improve occupational health or safety in the mining and quarrying industries or assist in the rehabilitation of disabled workers in those industries.
Funding and or Grant applications may be submitted to the Committee at any time. Contact us if you require further information.
The Committee proudly funded the following research and projects.
Health Data Analysis of South Australian Mine and Quarry Workers 2001 – 2013 : Research Report 2016
An analysis of health assessment outcome data of 5642 South Australian mine and quarry workers obtained during a twelve year fully funded Committee program.
Summary report and recommendations coming soon.